Intense Full Body Weighted Plate Workout that will Melt Away Body Fat

Interval Training is huge these days! It seems like everyone is switching from boring steady state cardio to the more fun, more intense interval training. Interval training has so many benefits that you’d be crazy not to do it! Here are some benefits of Interval Training

• Elevates Your Metabolism
  • Boosts HGH Levels
  • Reduces Appetite/Cravings
  • Releases Stored Fat Cells into the Bloodstream to be burned for energy
  • Gets you into killer shape
Now when it comes to intervals most people stick to cardio equipment. This is a great way to perform intervals but it’s not the only way. In fact one of my favorite ways to perform intervals is with weights. These are called Resistance Intervals. You can do them with barbells, dumbbells, kettlebells or even a weighted plate. Check out one of my favorite resistance interval routines with a weighted plate.

Weighted Plate Circuit:

Overhead Squats x 8 reps

Swings x 10 reps

One arm Rows x 10 reps

Reverse Lunges with a Twist x 10 reps total (5 per side)

Diagonal Press: x 8 reps per side

rest 30-90 seconds and complete for a total of 5 sets.

Notes:

Start with a 25 lbs plate and eventually build up to a heavier 35 lbs plate. Move from one exercise to the next exercise without resting and without putting the plate down.

When to Perform this Workout?

This workout can either be performed at the end of your regular strength workout or it can be performed as its own workout followed by 15-20 minutes of steady state cardio to burn off additional free fatty acids.

click me

Comments

1. AJ says

Great workout , can i do this at the end of my 3 day split workout instead of cardio ?
    What’s best this workout or interval cardio ?

• admin says

Yes you can! Both are great. I like to alternate between intervals one day and resistance intervals another day.

2. Brandon says

Hey Greg! Its me again, I’m loving your videos! quick question, does this workout plan look good: Im gonna do 15-20 minutes of intervals running and resting, and then 15 minutes of low intensity cardio on one day, and then the next do this workout ^ and then 15 minutes of low intensity cardio aswell? alternating every other day but sunday.

• admin says

Yes! Thats very similar to what I do. Thats awesome. If your feeling like it you can even extend the low intensity cardio up to 20-30 minutes.

3. Jason says

Very sweet workout. I can take a weight plate with me in my truck and do this exercise anywhere. Thanks.

4. Braden says

Would there be any point in doing this after a workout designed for mass building. Because I want to build some muscle and I’m wondering if I should just focus on that or try to get lean at the same time. Or is that even possible?

• admin says

Focus on one goal at a time. With that being said this workout won’t interfere with your mass gain goals. But you can just save it for when you want to get shredded.

5. says

Excellent idea of using a weight plate!
    I never thought of it before and it was right in front of me. Next time instead of looking for a kettle-bell or dumbbell I’ll grab one of these fellas.
    Very good video showing how to use great form with flexibility.
    Raymond

6. AJ says

Hey Greg

It’s ok if i will use the sliced and shredded program for 4 weks along with a good diet and then 2-3 weeks of pump workout and then again the sliced and shredded program ?

7. Jaz says

Great vid man… So I’m doing the “Visual impact” and am currently on phase II … Would you recommend doing this routine certain days in place of the HIIT that is mentioned? Would it achieve the same results? Thanks!

8. says

I’ve never tried using a plate. You just gave me a great idea. I’ve been wanting to get something fun to workout with, and the plate will be perfect. Thank you for this workout suggestion, I am going to try it.

9. Mateusz says

Hey Greg, today i started your 2s1s-diet, can’t wait for it being in a shape like you are!

1.? when i finish the 2 weeks of no carbs in my diet, can i start doing HIIT? or just when start using carbs everyday?
    2.? when i use no carbs and do your workout A,B,C use as much weight as i can?

3.? whats the name of your exercise equipment with the barbell?

sorry for my bad english

!

• admin says

@Mateusz.

The shake and salad diet is not a no carb diet. There are definitely carbs but just no starchy carbs. You can do HIIT from the beginning if you’d like.

10. Yash says

Did fasting from yesterday nite dinner…. Tried this workout today… Dint have the courage or stamina for the 5th set….
    I could feel the fat dripping off me….!!!
    Great workout bro…. Thanks….

11. Aaron says

Great workout Greg, I just did this after your Strength and Density workout, I just finished a month of doing S and D and my lifts have gone up considerably. I am extremely happy with my purchase of your Muscle Building Course, I will probably purchase your Warrior Physique course at some point if I want to get below 10% body fat which I have been at all year so far but I think I will go for the Superhero look for 2014. Currently 6’3″ 178lbs 10% bodyfat.